Mid April we took a trip to 100 Mile House to visit my family. It had been since Christmas since we had seen everyone and I really wanted to see my sister as she was nearing the end of her pregnancy with baby #2!. We = the kids and I (Andrew stayed home to work) were gone for a full week and I have to tell how proud I was of Ambrose and Maisie for traveling so well!!! I cannot thank them enough! I was a little nervous before we left home not knowing what to expect from them on such a long trip! They are such active 'lil folk now!
From our house it is an hour drive to the ferry in Nanaimo, then the ferry trip (& loading/unloading time) and then the drive from Vancouver to 100 Mile House + stops! which in total the trip took 9 1/2 hours. I suppose if I had blogged about this when I first got home I would have more to say, but being that it is now 2 months later it seems to be old news and boring! :-) I just have to say again how amazed I was at the kids for their excellent behaviour! I could not imagine being strapped to a seat for THAT many hours and not complaining about it!! The only "free" time they had was on the ferry in the kid zone play room for maybe 20 mins! Oh! Which reminds me! There was a memorable moment during our travels........................................ I lost Maisie on the ferry! It may have only been for less than a minute, but it felt like forever and it was all I could do to stay calm and keep a level head to try to find her! Maisie is a little bit of an adventure monkey and "takes off" and usually doesn't look back! I found her in short time and could not have done so without the help of a very generous and kind woman who watched Ambrose for me so I could RUN like MAD to track down mischief Maisie!
My visit with M & D was excellent! It was great to see my sister SO pregnant too!
My visit with M & D was excellent! It was great to see my sister SO pregnant too!
cream cone with cousin Carsen
We had wonderful weather the whole time I was there except for about 12 hours ? when it snowed!!



4 comments:
My GAWD your sister is adorable pregnant!! How is she? Did she have the bébé yet?!? The kids are precious as always.. looking forward to seeing them sometime in the future. Move over this way!!
I agree with Cynthia! Move over this way! I would LOVE to meet you and your family.
Your sis has an adorable belly! So perfect! Maybe you are an Aunty by now! I hope you update on that.
Sounds like a wonderful trip!
I know! My sister did look fantastic preggers! She DID have the baby!! (that post is coming!) hee hee hee
I look forward to seeing you guys too and having the kids get together!!
Cathy :-) I will have an update on "the baby" as it HAS arrived!
I would LOVE to meet you & your precious family as well!!! :-)
Post a Comment