Saturday, January 31, 2009

Handmade

I have met and have become friends with some of the MOST creative and talented women!  I seem to have surrounded myself with these amazing women and they are inspiring me to try new things, do the things I have always wanted to do but haven't or just experiment!  

This Christmas I was inspired by my aunt and my mom to make one of those crochet bags out of grocery store or plastic bags as a Christmas gift for my B.F.F.!  It was a little challenging as my crocheting skills are weak and not having a clue what I was doing I managed to stick with the project and complete something I was quite proud of!  I was so excited at my completion I wanted to make it even more personal that I created and made the tag to go on it!  And guess what!?  My B.F. LOVED it!!  Yay!!  I am feeling very sparked to go on and try something else!

I have always loved things that were handmade, but now they seem to mean even more to me.  I want to try to purchase or to make gifts handmade whenever I can!


2 comments:

Poot & Boogie said...

Awesome Debbie!!! it looks so good. I can's crochet at all, but I wanna learn , maybe you can teach me!!

Good luck on your next project!

Debbie said...

LOL! Don't know about that, but I'd try!